Monday, 22 July 2013

ESCAPED CHILD BRIDE:, 11 year Old Girl Explains Why She Ran Away From Home [VIDEO]


A harrowing video has been posted on online of an 11-year-old Yemeni girl who claims she ran away to escape an arranged marriage.
Nada al-Ahdal says she was only saved from the forced engagement after her uncle intervened.
'Go ahead and marry me off - I'll kill myself,' she warns in the video, dated July 8, and posted on YouTube.
In an interview with National Yemen, Nada accuses her mother of arranging the marriage for profit.
'But I'm not an item for sale,' she says.
'I'm a human being and I would rather die than get married at this age.'
Nada, has an 18-year-old sister who has already been engaged many times.Her parents accepted each new proposal and took a partial down payment for a bride price.
Such a brave little girl.see video after the cut



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
counter