Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Crazy Superman Fan Undergoes 19 Surgeries To Look Exactly Like Clark Kent[PHOTOS]


A 36-year old Filipino, Herbert Chavez has undergone 19 surgeries in the past 16 years just so he can look like Superman.

Chavez has had nose jobs, skin whitening, lip liposuction, jaw realignment, pec implants and even abdominal implants to become a real-life Clarke Kent after falling in love with the TV program aged five.

He has splashed around 300,000 Pesos (£4,400) on his obsession – a fortune compared to the average N230 hourly wage in the Philippines.He said: ‘I feel like a Superhero whenever I pull on the costume, but my mission is not to save the world but to help in my own small way and bring a smile to the faces of local children.
‘I don’t have any regrets at all. People come up to me in the street all the time and want their picture taken with me.
‘They are all really excited to see a real-life Superman in the Philippines.’

But he acknowledges that there may be a day when he has to halt the extensive surgeries.Mr Chavez said: 'I totally don't have any regrets. What is there for me to regret? Everything that has happened in my life has been positive and because of Superman.'When my body says it can not endure it anymore or when my doctor says that my body can not handle it because of age, then I will stop.'Single Mr Chavez creates his own Superman costumes, T-shirts and clothing from scratch at his dress making shop.And the 35-year-old, who has featured on Billboards in his native country, says he hopes to one day meet a partner who can share his love of Superman. I am single but also inspired to find another person to share my passion with.'But they will have to put up with his huge collection of Superman memorabilia - built up over decades worth of obsession.In June 2013 Guinness recognised Mr Chavez for having the largest collection of Superman memorabilia with 1,253 items - ranging from life-size dolls, to posters and rings worth thousands of pounds.But he says his collection is actually closer to 5,000 items and plans to increase it to around 10,000 pieces - and has even moved home in order to accommodate the influx of comic book clutter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
counter