Monday, 9 September 2013

Meet 23-Year-Old 'Ugliest' Woman Who Must Eat Every 15 Minutes To Stay Alive


Twenty-Three-year old Lizzie Velasquez suffers from a rare condition since birth that has ravaged her looks and health has had to bear unrelenting name calling and abuse at the hands of cyber bullies, Scallywag And Vagabond reports.

Lizzie hopes that a new book that she is planning on releasing will help address the misconception of her disease which she shares with only two other people in the whole world.

Born without adipose which helps individuals procure fat, Ms Velasquez bears the unfortunate predicament of having no body fat which is vital for body sustenance and only weighing in at 58 pounds, this despite being mandated to eat up to 60 small meals a day.


Her book titled, ‘Be Beautiful,Be You,’ shares advice on being unique, how to make and keep good friends and how to deal with bullying and negativity something unfortunately that Ms Velasquez has had to learn how to deal with.

Featured as a guest on the Dr Drew Pinsky show acknowledges that when cyber bullies first started attacking her online it was hard.


‘I’m human… of course these things are going to hurt… (but) I’m not going to let those things define me.’

‘At the end of the day, these are just words,’ Miss Velasquez told Dr Drew. ‘If they are so proud, then they should show their face.’

Then there was this hilarious reflection when asked with how she relates to being stared all the time:

‘I’m starting to want to go up to these people and introduce myself or give them my card and say, “Hi, I’m Lizzie – maybe you should stop staring and start learning”.

But in case you think Ms Velasquez is sitting there pitying herself wishing she looked like a Hollywood celebrity for instance she offers the following:

I feel I’m really glad I don’t look like the celebrities out there who are beautiful, because there are a lot of stereotypes attached to that.

‘People think “she’s so pretty, she must be really dumb”. Since I don’t look like that it’s better because people can get to know the real me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
counter