Monday, 14 October 2013

GENERATOR FIRE: 50-Year-Old Father and His 2 Children Burnt To Death InLagos…His Wife and Third Child Severely Burnt

According to PMNews report, a 50-year-old Togolese and his two children were burnt to d
eath at the Ikotun area of Lagos State at the weekend after the family’s generator exploded 
and completely razed their two-bedroom apartment.

The deceased’s wife and one other child who survived the incident were severely burnt 
and are receiving treatment at a hospital.

The incident happened at about 8.00pm at the building located at 8, Odofin Street, Ikotun, 
Lagos when one of the children took a lit candle near the generator that had just been filled
 with petrol.

Sources said immediately she was close to the generator, it caught fire and exploded, engulfing
 the entire flat. Before help could come, the victims had been severely burnt.

One of them died on the spot while others were rushed to a hospital where two others eventually

The incident was reported at the Ikotun Police Station. The bodies of the dead family members 
have been deposited at the mortuary in Ikeja for autopsy.

Residents told PMNews that the victims were well known in the area as a peaceful family. They 
also said that the wife and one of the children that survived were still at the Lagos University 
Teaching Hospital, LUTH, where they are receiving treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...